Kaleidoscope

The kaleidoscope

            from rubbing my eyes

     water-

               falls

          over the walls

of my dream

         where I wait patiently

                                    with roses

for your arrival.
 

Beneath my feet

             it washes in, it lights up the ground

and but for the sky

             nothing is one color, but many.
 

You walk up,

            splashing kaleidoscope

    between your toes.
 

            Salmon swim up the mountain

to where our love will dance

        around

             the brim of a cloud.
 

                                     In this dream

we speak not with words

                        but with caresses, fond

     glances, smiles.
 

I doubted love before today,

             but after that first kiss

                                       I’m convinced

that I was blessed,

             and we were meant to be.
 

(From the book Kairos)

Comments